[dfads params='groups=4969&limit=1&orderby=random']

Representatives Sought for OHV Advisory Council



By Sun Advocate

Riding off-highway vehicles is a popular pastime in Carbon and Emery Counties and across the state. The Utah Department of Parks and Recreation is currently seeking representatives to sit on its OHV advisory panel, which sets regulations for OHV use on state lands.

Utah State Parks and Recreation is currently seeking two representatives to serve on the Utah Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) Advisory Council. Currently, volunteer representatives are needed to represent the interests of Utah’s off-highway vehicle dealers and youth riders.
Candidates for the dealer representative position should be a principal or employee of an OHV dealership, and should have a history of working with both public land managing agencies and organized all-terrain vehicle clubs and organizations. Applicants for the youth representative should be between the ages of 12 and 18, and should be active in riding ATVs, motorcycles, or snowmobiles. Applications for these positions will be accepted through Friday, May 19.
Councilmembers meet on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to discuss current issues and make recommendations. The number and timing of meetings is dependant on the demands of current OHV issues. Meetings generally last two hours.
The 11-member council consists of individuals representing the interests of OHV safety, four-wheel drive vehicles, off-highway motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, dealers, state and federal agencies, and OHV users at-large. All non-agency members volunteer their services for the betterment of OHV use in the state.
For more information or to apply for an OHV advisory council position, please contact OHV Program Coordinator Fred Hayes at (801) 538-7435 or fredhayes@utah.gov.

[dfads params='groups=1745&limit=1&orderby=random']
scroll to top